Friday, February 12, 2010

Another mini-trip!

Last June when we traveled to Northern Indiana for my father-in-law's funeral, we got to drive around to see his favorite places where he grew up. One place that we drove through was Pokagon State Park. Pokagon is known for their huge toboggan run. The run is a quarter of a mile long and the toboggans go up to 40 mph! When we drove past it, I told my hubby and sis-in-law that I would love to do it sometime.

My sis-in-law, Beth, and I thought this weekend would be the perfect weekend to go because it is almost our birthdays. As a co-birthday present, we convinced my mother-in-law to get all of us adjoining hotel rooms at Das Essenhaus, the Amish Inn with the most AMAZING food. We also convinced her to watch Piper back at the hotel while we take the bigger kids down the toboggan run. Hey....some people go out downtown on their birthdays and some people go party it up with the Amish! We are excited!

I am sure I will have lots of stories and pictures when we return on Sunday. Check out a video of the toboggan run on Beth's blog. http://bethterrymerchant.blogspot.com/ Steve will be looking down on us with a smile as we go down the same toboggan run that he went down as a kid!

I would include some pictures or video of the toboggan run, but it's 12:30 a.m. and I am too lazy. Did I mention that we leave at 9:45 a.m. and not a single one of us has packed yet? This seems to be a common theme in my life lately!

Have a great weekend!!! Early next week, I will share about our adventures this weekend and probably write something in honor of my birthday, which is on Tuesday. The BIG 3-1. Whoopee.

0 comments: