Monday, October 18, 2010

Be Present

Lately I feel myself falling into a funk. I get this way when I feel like I am being stretched too far and the things that matter the most feel neglected. I get lost in my own head and forget to just be present. I have to remind myself all the time to be present. When I forget to remind myself, I just get lost. I feel lost lately....just a tiny bit. When I get like that, I just want to be alone. The thing is, though, when you are married and a mom, you cannot just be alone. So I cope!

The topic today is marriage. Marriage is hard work and not for the light of heart. Marriage requires you to be present every single day. Marriage only works when you put in that hard work each and every day. You have to sometimes remind yourself why you chose the person you chose. When you are in a funk and feel yourself slipping away, you have to be able to count on your spouse to bring YOU back.

I have a wonderful husband. He has his faults, as do I, but we fit together perfectly in the end. It has been almost ten years since we got married. I was only 22 and had a whole lot of growing up to do. He was only 23 and also had some growing up to do. Guess what? We STILL have a lot of growing up to do! The last ten years have certainly had its ups and downs. Life is not exactly what we expected or dreamed of in the beginning. But we are together, and that is something. My husband and I really need each other. His strengths are my weaknesses and my weaknesses are his strengths.

This Thursday is my Fall Break. I don't even feel guilty to tell you that I am taking both of my daughters to daycare (even though Avery doesn't usually go there). This Thursday, my husband is taking off work just so he can spend the day with me. Thankfully, my husband knows that I am an emotionally needy person and that when I am in a funk, I just need him to be there for me to lean on. I can't wait to just hold his hand, ride in the car together while listening to music of OUR choice, eat a meal together without kids, walk around in places we used to go before kids, etc.

Thursday is going to be a very good day.

0 comments: