Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Like Your Swag


Tonight, out of the blue, Avery (our six year old) said, "Mom, zebras have a lot of swagger." Ummmm.....WHAT?!? I am pretty sure "swagger" will not be on the first grade word wall when school starts. It is no secret that Avery is in love with zebras. We went to see the movie "African Cats" on Earth Day when it came out. There is a part where the lions are hunting zebras. Avery freaked. I was never the kind of kid to love a certain type of animal like that, so part of me just doesn't get it. I thought about her statement and have decided that she is totally right. Zebras have all kinds of swag.

After her interesting statement, I couldn't resist asking how much swagger I have in Avery's eyes. She squinted her eyes, looked me up and down, and said "about this much" as she spread her hands about six inches apart, which sadly was WAY, WAY less than zebras. I am happy to report that I did have more swag than her Daddy though, according to her.

Is anyone else in America having these sorts of conversations with their six year olds? I would love to know. In the meantime, I will be working on my swagger.

0 comments: