Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Survey: An Interview with Myself

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
became a mother of two beautiful girls and got my Real Estate license

2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember my exact resolutions for 2008, but I am sure losing weight was in there somewhere. If that is the case, then I kept it because I have lost 45 lbs. since June 24th! I have already made some big resolutions for this next year too and am looking forward to a year of change.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
me....it doesn't get any closer than that. Lots of friends have new babies too. (Elisha and Amy to name a few)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
no, thank goodness

5. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Juggling two girls and two jobs while maintaining sanity, a positive outlook, and lots of laughter

6. What are you getting really, really, really excited about for 2009?
my upcoming 30/50 trip with my mom that has been two years in the making (Viva Las Vegas) and MOVING

7. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? much thinner
richer or poorer? same-ish

8. What do you wish you’d done more of?
organizing/getting rid of stuff, cooking, blogging, traveling

9. What do you wish you’d done less of?
worrying about things and people that I cannot change or control, feeling bad

10. How did you spend Christmas?
with family...throwing up, laughing, setting fires, outsourcing 100% of my gift wrapping, cooking

11. What was the best book you read in 2008?
South Beach Diet Supercharged changed my life

12. What did you want and get?
selling my house

13. What did you want and not get?
selling my house free and clear

14. What was your favorite film of 2008?
Mama Mia, Miss Pettigrew Lives a Day...not sure

15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29 in 2008....I went to the License Branch and got a new license. Crazy, I know. It was 12 days after giving birth though.

16.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Losing more weight, hitting the lottery, paying off debt......oh, I guess that's more than one

17. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
EVOLVING!!!
Phase 1: Maternity (Jan-Feb)
Phase 2: Post partum (hiding in sweats) (Feb-May)
Phase 3: Just hiding (May-June)
Phase 4: Back to being a professional (August-November)
Phase 5: Mom intervention 1 (November)
Phase 6: Mom intervention 2 (December)
(Mom interventions have nothing to do with her buying me anything....just inspiration)

17. What kept you sane?
my mom, Michael and Kayleigh, Allyson, Matthew, and writing

18. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Barack and Michelle Obama

19. What political issue stirred you the most?
uninformed voters, Joe the Plumber, "real" America and other catastrophes

20. Who was the best new person you met?
Piper!!!!

21. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
I learned to try to stop worrying about things/people that are beyond my control. Whether this sticks or not is yet to be seen. I also learned about living in the present....the NOW.

0 comments: