Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday Hullaballoo

As much as I anticipated Christmas for the last month, I am ready to move forward to the New Year. The holidays were memorable to say the least. There will always be stories about Piper's first Christmas. In the last several days I have started to really relate to Joni Mitchell's lyrics, "I wish I had a river I could skate away on...." Now that things are getting back to normal, I am happy to be back on my blog where I love to be. Even the instant gratification of Facebook can't stop me from loving my blog more. Tonight I have changed the background, colors, and even my music playlist for the blog to fit my wintery mood. Enjoy a list of our most memorable holiday moments.....maybe I will elaborate later. Some people will be totally baffled by items on the list....but others will know EXACTLY what I am referring to!

1. Sock Monkey Pajamas x 3
2. Capone, the cat who stole Christmas
3. Journey of the Dollhouse
4. How My Mother Went Broke (See #2 and #3)
5. Photo Session around downtown (homeless people at Central Library and stinky persimmons) 6. Avery catching her coloring book page on fire in the kitchen (Birth of a Pyro)
7. Piper chewing on scissors (how does that happen with 9 adults sitting right next to her?)
8. Puking all around
9. Some more puking
10. Postponed 4th Birthday party
11. Cancelled flights
12. leaving a carrot for Dancer and oats for Prancer (all other reindeer fend for yourselves)
13. midnight Christmas Eve service with Dan (this deserves a whole other list of memorable moments)
14. Avery's first haircut
15. my nervous breakdown (short lived but still worthy of a mention)
16. Drama at IHOP
17. Lots of fun, lots of stress, lots of Starbucks, lots of memories

0 comments: