Thursday, March 19, 2009

Octomom

Everyone has heard of "Octomom" in California. Just this week there was a media frenzy when she tried to bring some of her babies home from the hospital. After today, I too can be called "Octomom." Only, I don't have eight babies. Just eight lovely gall stones.....nice sized ones! Yep, just when things couldn't be more stressful, I get to have surgery! I am having my gall bladder removed on April 7th. The doc said I will need ten days of recovery. The good news is that I will still be able to make my long awaited trip to Vegas with my mom from April 1-April 5. The bad news is that with each passing day I feel a little bit worse! My right side is very tender and I get stabbing pains in my back. The worst part though is the fatigue that has overtaken me. It could be due to some tossing and turning at night and not getting much ZZZZs! Honestly though, I am relieved to know what the heck is wrong with me. I rarely complain to anyone about how I feel on a day to day basis. However, a few months ago, I started to sense that something was wrong with me and couldn't quite put my finger on it! So this news explains it all. I am not looking forward to not being able to lift/hold Piper for a week. However, I can't say I was heartbroken when my doctor told me how much work I needed to miss. The sub plans won't be fun though. I am going to try to avoid any more severe gall bladder attacks like I had two weeks ago by eating very carefully......no buffets in Vegas! The doctor gave me Vicodin in case I get another major attack leading up to my surgery. They gave me a post-op diet that I am supposed to follow for two weeks after surgery called the "Gall Bladder Diet." It is safe to say that April will be a great month for weight loss! Maybe I can get caught up on posting some pics to the blog during my recovery. Luckily, I won't have to deal with the media frenzy that the other "Octomom" has to deal with! This is turning out to be the best year ever. (hint of sarcasm).

0 comments: