Saturday, June 20, 2009

Relay for Life 2009




Our first time participating in Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society has been a success. We had a great team and raised more than $1,000 for the American Cancer Society in honor of my father-in-law, Steve. A special thanks goes to my sister-in-law, Beth for making lots of "Team Terry" shirts and helping me with every aspect of preparation for this weekend. Avery and my niece, Sarah, sold lemonade as our on-site fundraiser today. I also want to thank every family member and friend who donated money in the Team Terry name! I am amazed by the generosity of those around us. Tonight the luminary ceremony was very special. It really hit me how many people have battled cancer, both young and old. I do feel like it is now my personal mission to raise awareness about pancreatic cancer and all cancer research.

0 comments: