Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Crazy Promise to the Followers of this Blog...

Okay, so I have been racking my brain for weeks now about something I promised to my readers recently. I said that if I got 15 followers on my blog, I would do something "crazy." I did get my 15 followers, so I have been trying to figure out what to do in return. The problem is that I made that promise AFTER I got a tattoo....which is just about the craziest thing a goody-goody like me has ever done. So how do I top a tattoo??? My husband tried to help me come up with ideas, but his ideas were things like, "Put on a bikini and run down the street while I videotape you." I didn't think that was a great idea. I don't want to scare our semi-new neighbors just yet. So I had to dig deep. What is crazy? What is something I never would normally do? Now it is time for our pop quiz....are you ready?

The number 225.5 is ______________________.
a. the number of freckles on my left cheek
b. the number of times I have smiled in the last 24 hours
c. the number of homes I have sold in the last 30 days
d. none of the above

What is your answer???

If you guessed "d", you are correct. Although, a and b could both be potentially true. The answer is that the number 225.5 is my WEIGHT. And the craziest part....I don't care anymore who knows it.

Wow....that was oddly liberating. Deep breath. I feel like I just jumped off a cliff. I have never, ever been the type to divulge that kind of information, except to my husband. So you may be wondering, why now?

Because the crazy thing is that I have changed in the last year on the inside. Why should I be embarrassed over a number? Why should I be ashamed of myself? I have a husband who thinks I am beautiful. I am well-liked in many circles. My weight doesn't change who I am as a person. Instead of ashamed, I feel matter of fact. I have made a promise to myself, and now you, that I will become healthy in 2010. Not because I want to wear a certain size. Not because I need to impress anyone. Not because I strive to wear a bikini and run down my street (even though that would pretty much rock). I want to weigh less because....are you ready for this.....I LOVE ME. I owe it to ME and ME only to be a healthier person. This blog has helped me to express myself in ways that I never expected, and that makes me feel good. 2009 was a life-altering year. I gained weight....lots of weight. Life happened, and sometimes life sucks, and sometimes you feel better when you eat a big bowl of ice cream. So what? I have better relationships with many people in my life after this past stressful year....so clearly all of life's happiness is not dependent on weighing a certain amount or fitting into a certain size. My hope is that you readers realize what a leap this is for me to show you the true me. My hope is that I will gain more readers who can share in my journey. My hope is that this confession today will inspire you to not be held back by your own insecurities and fears.

I am including photographic evidence of this major confession today. Yes, that is me standing on the scale. The proof is in the crazy tattoo.
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT ALL THESE MONTHS I HAVE BEEN USING A CAMERA THAT WEIGHS 75 LBS????

Hahaha! Just kidding, of course. I hope you just laughed. That's what I love to do....make you laugh. So get ready, readers. I am going to share lots of stories about my journey to a healthier me!

Our motto together for 2010 is NO FEAR!

4 comments:

Mom said...

I am so proud of my fearless girl!! Be bold, live life...just go there! Love it!

SarahSLP said...

You are one of the most amazing people I have ever met...don't ever forget that. (And I knew it before you had my favorite student for two years!)

Rock On!

I was 219.5 last week...I weigh again tomorrow. I'm with ya...just healthy, not a size/number...

You Rock!

Lindsay said...

Sarah...that is so funny! Thanks though! You are amazing too! Good luck! Since we have the same goals, we'll have to talk!

The Nolands said...

That's a great motto! We missed you at storytime this week! We got a new treadmill for Christmas so I am on the healthy kick too!