Sunday, January 3, 2010

I Wish...

I wish
so many things
I wish I had a peppermint white mocha right now.
Sometimes, like today, I wish I could float away somewhere.
I wish I knew how to sew automatically
so I could sew
on my new machine.
I wish I could write a book.
I wish I could move somewhere different and new.
I wish I had whiter teeth.
I wish I could go to New York or New Orleans with my husband alone
or just Target.
I wish I could not worry so much about what people think of me
and go around wearing large, silly eccentric hats
with feathers...because I would.
I wish I could be taken more seriously.
I wish I could do something really special for my mom and mother-in-law
because they are so good to us.
I wish I could run a mile
in less than twenty minutes.
I wish I could sleep through the night without waking up ten times.
I wish I could dazzle someone with charm, wit, and grace.

I wish I weren't so very blah today.

2 comments:

Lex said...

I will wear large ridiculous hats with you!

Mom said...

My daughter is never blah! She is an amazing woman that I am proud of. But in the famous words of the Shirelles..."Mama said there'll be days like this, mama said!" NO MORE BLAHs or I will ground you!