Friday, March 12, 2010

Boing!!!

There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
And when she was good
She was very very good
But when she was bad she was horrid

My Piper has the most delicious curls hidden underneath her crazy layer of more frizzed out baby hair. Her curls are the kind that you can pull on and they will spring back with a "boing!" I love, love, love to squeeze her little curls....not boing them, but squeeze them sideways. I have no idea why. The problem is that in her two year old wildness, I can never capture the curls on camera. Today she was stooped down looking at something so I sneaked up and tried to get a quick picture. Pictures don't do the curls justice. It makes me sad that one day she may grow out of these curls because they make my heart smile.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Remember Michael's curls?!!! I will never forgive Rosemary for chopping them off while we were on vacation.

Anonymous said...

Look at Beth's hair now and Dad's, plus Cousin Michelle's. All kept the curls, so there's a good chance Piper will keep hers. We have to try the banana curls on her sometime, like her Aunt Beth's when she was that age. Mom Terry

Beth Terry Hill said...

Poor girl has the Terry curse....crazy curly hair. She looks just like her Daddy & I did!

Megan said...

Caroline has springy curls as well, and I dread the day we take her for her first haircut...I'm afraid they'll never "bounce" back. My mom recites that same poem almost daily to Cari while she gently tugs on Cari's curls.
LOVE the blog, Lindsay!

Lex said...

OMG! Annabelle is starting to get these curls. They are so cute.