Saturday, March 20, 2010

Conversation with my five year old...

Today we had a beautiful day together as a family. The weather was perfect and everyone behaved themselves. Here is how an actual conversation went with Avery. I am not changing anything. These are the things she actually said.

Avery: (holds up lemonade that had been left in car all night) Oh, here is that lemonade from last night.

Me: Uh-huh.

Avery: Did you know that this lemonade is whole grain?

Me: Reeallly?! I didn't know lemonade could be whole grain.

Avery: Yes, so I am going to drink it because whole grain things are good.

*Insert proud Mommy moment that my child knows about whole grains!*

Me: Lemonade that was in the car all night will not be good, but go ahead and try it if you want.

Avery: (tastes lemonade) BLECH. That was really bad, like really, really bad.

Me: Told you.

Avery: That tasted worse than a beaver's butt crack.

That concludes this conversation with my five year old.

1 comments:

Beth Terry Hill said...

What is my brother teaching that child !?!?