Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Monday

This is a picture of what my master bedroom door looks like now.

I had lovely posts planned for the blog today. My daughter knew that I had intentions of blogging, but she wanted me to play Barbies first. I told her I would play Barbies after I finished up my actual real estate work and one blog post (which would have taken all of fifteen minutes). She didn't like that answer. Her solution was to wait until I was out of my room, then lock the door and shut it behind her. Normally, this wouldn't be that big of a deal. However, the door had a key lock......AND WE DON'T HAVE THE KEY FOR IT. Another issue would be that it was noon and I still had pajamas on and my cell phone and computer and clothing were all in the bedroom. I had no way to call anyone for help. I don't know my neighbors at all, so I couldn't just show up on their doorstep wearing pajamas in the afternoon. I had to wait it out until my husband got home at 6 p.m. We lacked the patience and money to wait on a locksmith, so my husband got out the old tool box. He pryed and pulled, but nothing would work. Finally he just got the hammer and banged the heck out of the door knob until it came out.

(Later he admitted that part was fun. We both agreed not to tell our daughter that.)

Since we rent our home, we now need to replace a doorknob. I know this isn't the worst thing that could happen to someone on a Monday, but it sucked all the same.

Have I ever mentioned that my five year old is a spirited girl? I say this through gritted teeth.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay...I am your neighbor and there are many a day that we do not get out of our jammies until nearly dinner. This so my husband won't come home and say, "uh why are you all still in your bed clothes?" In the event something like this happens again...feel free to pop down to 10170 for a pajama party! Happy Monday indeed!
StephanieK