Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Lot of Livin' To Do

I had to do it. I couldn't resist. I had to indulge in one more Bye Bye Birdie song tonight. I adore this clip. If you sit through all 7 minutes and 49 seconds of it, you won't regret it! I have been watching this movie since I was a little girl....and even then it was VERY dated. However, I have always wished (and still do) that I could find a pink ruffle top like Ann Margaret's. These days I also wish that I could look that good in leggings without wearing a shirt that goes at least halfway to my knees. Oh, and Conrad Birdie.....don't forget him. He is dreamy. If you ever see my husband, ask him about my rendition of the title song to this movie, "Bye Bye Birdie." I sing a mean version in the shower....if he is lucky. I wish I could transport myself to this video and be a dancer/singer. I think I should have been 20 in 1963, instead of 1999! I totally could have rocked the clothes and music. Now....restraint. I am going to try VERY HARD to not post any more songs from this movie tonight. I have it on DVD, so I can enjoy it anytime! Aren't you jealous? Don't answer that!!!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

this is too funny. daughter and I were just watching clips from Bye -Birdie. She is search out audition pieces for theatre this summer... LOVE

Anonymous said...

This made my day. How can you have a rotten day at work and not smile when you see the clips. As always, my daughter makes my day!
I remember watching these movies with you when you were younger than Avery.

Lindsay said...

Hey mom....why are you all anonymous all of a sudden?! :)

Mom said...

I was so excited about the videos I lost control and forgot my own name. :)