Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New Fav Show



Last week I stumbled on Bravo's show "9 by Design" featuring a married couple who are interior designers and their SEVEN children! I immediately recognized this family because they were featured in Cookie magazine a loooong time ago when the magazine was first released. I have never gotten into any other family reality shows....like the Duggars or Jon and Kate, but I am all for this show on Bravo! First of all, I really admire Cortney and Robert Novogratz. They have a similar style of decorating that I have, which they call "Vintage Nouveaux," thus mixing old and new. They share my philosophies about adding art to your home and finding your own style. This show is pure escape for me because I have always dreamed of living in New York City (or even going there), Cortney has a killer wardrobe and shares my love of the bohemian chic look, they are the type of parents that my husband and I are, and they have seven kids. I secretly fantasize about having a huge brood of kids. If I had the money that the Novogratz's have, I would totally have a huge, huge family! In the episode I watched last week, Cortney was planning a christening for their newest addition to their family, their baby son, Major. She said that she grew up Southern Baptist, but that she has friends of all faiths, so they take that into account when they plan all their christenings. I love that attitude and that they are teaching their children about spirituality and exposing them to people of all faiths. I went to the bookstore to check out their book, Downtown Chic, but it was wrapped in plastic!!! Arghhhh. I can't stand it when books are wrapped in plastic because you can't preview them! I will forgive them though! I just love the way they interact with all their kids, and I totally love their style! The show is on Bravo on Tuesday nights. I highly recommend it!

3 comments:

Beth Terry Hill said...

Awesome Show!! I watched it the Saturday I was on the couch with my bad back! They were moving and she went into labor! The kids' names crack me up!

Marisa said...

I just happened upon this show over the weekend too and love them. There style is quite what mine is... but I love there ideas and the way they work together...

Tisha said...

I am DVR-ing it to catch up in the summer!