Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Two Peas in a Pod

Lately something has been brewing in our house between Avery and Piper. They are becoming quite the duo. Even though they have their occasional squabbles (like this week when Avery yelled at Piper and told her she looked like a baby from Seattle in 2004?!?), for the most part they are behaving like BEST friends. Instead of Avery begging for Piper to go down for a nap, she is begging for me to skip Piper's nap because they are "busy together." I truly believe that life is so much richer if you have siblings. In good times and bad, they are always there for you. I know from my own experiences with siblings that they help you learn how to deal with people and solve problems! Here are some of the most recent sister escapades around here....

"Thing 1 and Thing 2" at the University of Kentucky bookstore
The girls sharing a meditative moment in Morocco in Epcot.
The girls experiencing the ocean together for the first time. (Check out Piper's chubby knees!!!) They look very similar to my chubby knees.....but hers are cute since she is two, not thirty-one.

Avery wrote this in the sand in Tybee Island, Georgia. It made me sad thinking that one day she will probably doodle stuff like this with a boy's name....not her sister's! For now, I am so grateful that Piper's name gets the special spot!

And of course there is always some messy times, like throwing giant gobs of wet sand at each other's heads.

These two little stinkers are such a team these days, but it is really cute to watch. I am certainly grateful for my own siblings. Life wouldn't be the same without my brothers, that is for sure! I am thankful that my husband and I have been blessed with these two little peas in a pod and I hope that they will grow up to be the best of friends.
Do you have a sibling? Tell me about it! I love comments!!!

1 comments:

Mom said...

I love your posts. I read them over and over and miss you all so much!