Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Getting into the Swing of Things

Obviously I have been m.i.a. from my blog. Sorry readers! I have been getting back into the swing of things after a wonderful year off from teaching at home with my lovies. Even though I am exhausted each day, I have several lovely things to share with you.

  • I adore my class. I have nineteen students between the ages of 7 and 9. I feel really happy these days at how well my return to teaching is going. It has been splendid....marvelous......I am not kidding!! It is nice to fall back into something and realize that I had a knack for it all along.
  • I adore the parents of my students. I am counting my lucky stars for such a supportive group of parents this year.
  • My brother's wedding was wonderful. It was truly the most beautiful garden wedding I have ever seen. I have pics and stories to share. Let's just say that my walk down the aisle was less than graceful.
  • My hubby got me flowers last week for the first time in probably two years. He said it was "just because" but I think it is really because I am finally bringing home some bacon again.
  • My sweet Piper is doing great things at her new daycare, that is seriously the best kept secret in our town. The daycare is like a little school, even though it is in someone's home.
  • My big girl Avery is loving kindergarten. She loves gym, which makes me wonder if she is really my daughter. I didn't know that "loving gym" was even possible. Who knew?
  • I loved my year of lounging around and sleeping in and wearing jammies late into the day, BUT.....I really love getting dressed up for school every day.
  • I have been walking around with a stupid grin on my face, lost in thought. I am secretly amazed at my ability to juggle so many things right now. Is it good luck? Is it a result of hard work? Is it the anti-depressants? We shall never know.....but it is AWESOME.
  • Instead of chugging Diet Coke all day at work, I have taken up with drinking Grape Gatorade. I am treating the art of teaching elementary as an athlete would treat their sport. I must get those electrolytes.
  • Did I mention that a really adorable little student of mine brought me an apple? Precious.
  • I bought the latest issue of the magazine "Where Women Create" and I loved it so much. I know that I am an artist, but I don't create any art. There is an artist trapped inside me though. I just know it.

Okay, so there is my love fest for the day. I am feeling so much more energetic tonight. This is Week 2 after all. I hope people don't forget that I am also a realtor though. I need referrals!!!

1 comments:

Mom said...

You are baaaaack...love it!