Saturday, August 27, 2011

Finding Your Passion

It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. T.S. Eliot

Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion. Martha Graham

I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message. Steve Irwin

I have been feeling very passionate about my classroom lately. As weird as it sounds, I kind of feel like I am starting to "come into my own" at work. It's about time after ten years of teaching!! It is amazing how much power I have over the classroom environment. I am now starting to believe that teachers are the greatest variable in the classroom, not the students. I have been doing so much professional reading....because I am really into it, not because I have been asked to. Instead of feeling frustrated that school is taking up so much of my time, I have felt motivated and inspired. It is such a great feeling when you start feeling like your job is your passion. Work isn't feeling like "work." I look forward to each new day.

What is your passion? Have you found it yet? I would love to get some comments!

1 comments:

Mom said...

I truly believe my passion is my family. I love my job and feel inspired by what I have accomplished in my career over the years. Utlimately, what I have accomplished is in total relation to my desire to provide for my family through the years. If I had been alone I do not believe my career achievements would have been as great. The drive to take care of my children is my passion. Even today as my career years wind down.