Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like....

Christmas!!!
We are starting to deck the halls...
And our elf, Freddy, is baaaaack and up to some unusual antics. He built a fort around himself that we decided looked like an igloo. We didn't have marshmallows at our house, so we think either he brought them from the North Pole, or he stopped at Kroger's during his nightime flight back from Santa's.

Freddy also used his marshmallows to spell out what the girls told Santa they wanted for Christmas. Piper has been asking for a pink car, and Avery wants to get some Monster High dolls. It is amazing the things that Freddy knows! We are so excited to see what kind of antics he will get into!

This is our family tree. I have a really special girly tree to put up in the sunroom, but haven't yet. Once that is done, I will post pictures. I love our family tree. My husband and I both feel that anything less than 9 feet tall is UNACCEPTABLE. When we went to get a new tree, my husband said, "Go big,or go home." I couldn't agree more! We had to buy a new tree this year. Our old 9ft tree was a wedding present from my mom and stepdad, so it was over ten years old. It was magnificent until this past summer when we found that a mice family had taken up residence in it's box in the garage. When a mouse took a flying leap out of the box at my husband's face, he decided it had to go to the dump. Too disgusting! We got our new beauty at Garden Ridge. We did not want a pre-lit because once the lights go out, you can't fix it. So we got this 9 foot stunner at Garden Ridge for only $150! Such a deal! It is important to note that we are of the "white lights" group of people. No multi-colored lights here! This is another thing that hubby and I agree about. Our tree is a hodge podge of family ornaments accumulated over time. This year's favorite was my husband's Muppet ornament from 1980!!! It actually says 1980. Vintage Muppets = Awesomeness.

Lots more holiday fun to come! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Amber* said...

love it! can't wait to open presents around it!!*

Mom said...

I had such a long night worrying about Michael. I read this blog again and I felt better. I love our family's Christmas spirit. The elf in the marshmellows was so happy. I love you all and cant wait to come home.