Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pinterest: It's What's for Dinner!

To end a great summer day, I made another Pinterest recipe! This time I tried Creamy Chicken Lasagna. The key word here is "creamy". If you don't like creamy, you won't like this recipe! Here is the finished masterpiece!


I am glad that I did not make any sides with this because the lasagna is really very rich. If I ever make this again and add a side, it will just be a green leafy salad. Tonight though, just this one piece of lasagna was perfect!


The recipe called for chopped sundried tomatoes. I used a jar of sundried tomato bruschetta. It was all I could really find at our store, and it worked out great because the sundried tomatoes are already chopped. The only other change that I made in the recipe is that I used those nifty no-boil lasagna noodles. I am all about convenience! Next time, I may add black olives because I think they would be good in the lasagna.


You may be wondering how my three critics liked this recipe? Well....the hubby LOVED it. Avery loved it, but only ate half her piece because she said it was so rich. Piper did not like this recipe....but seriously, she would eat all hot dogs and yogurt, if we let her. Avery asked what the red things were and I told her tomato (which is one of her favorite foods). I know better than to say "sundried tomatoes" because the semantics could turn her off! All in all, I definitely recommend this recipe. Click on this link to go directly to the recipe.

Creamy Chicken Lasagna

I will leave you with a great picture I took at the park today. I love happy, calm days with my girls!




0 comments: