Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Conversation with Avery

This conversation took place while we were playing "store."

Avery: Can I help you today?
Me: Yes, I would like to buy some cheese.
Avery: You can't do that.
Me: Why not? This is a store, right?
Avery: Weeeeelllll...I only have stinky cheese.
Me: What kind of a store only sells stinky cheese?
Avery: (in a frustrated voice) Mom....this is only a Supermarket. If you want good cheese, you have to go to the Super Duper Market.
Me: Super Duper Market???!!!
Avery: Yes, supermarkets have normal stuff and some bad stuff and stinky cheese. Super Duper Markets have all the best stuff.

I thought this was hilarious and so cute! The mind of a four year old is amazing. All this time, I thought Kroger and Marsh were serving my needs for groceries. Little did I know that I could be going to a Super Duper Market.

0 comments: