Monday, October 26, 2009

The Ultimate (Greedy) Fantasy Gift List 2009

Today has been kind of a crappy day. Not terrible, but just annoying enough for me to totally give up on accomplishing anything that was actually on my to-do list that is almost a mile long. To avoid turning into a total grump, I have cheered myself up by fantasizing about the ultimate gift list for me. For weeks relatives have been asking for cheap gift ideas. So I thought I would throw out some not-so-cheap gift ideas. You never know...there may be a benevolent Internet stranger who is just waiting to shower gifts on me, or perhaps if each of my Facebook friends would pitch in $10, one of these gifts could become reality. Let's just take a break from the day and imagine that my relatives had tons of money to spare and that the economy was in better shape. Sorry about the greedy list, but a girl can dream, right?


#1. A trip to NYC- This has been a lifelong dream that has not happened yet. This gift would have to include my hubby. I would want to see Times Square, Lady Liberty, Little Italy, and several other important landmarks. If you are feeling extra generous, some tickets to a Broadway show would be great. I would prefer Bye, Bye Birdie, Hair, or Mama Mia. Tickets can be ordered here.

#2. A Kindle Wireless Reading Device- This gift isn't outrageous, but just expensive enough, that I never ask anyone to get it for me. It usually runs around $300. I have wanted one since they were invented because I love to read books, magazines, and blogs and I LOVE the idea of having it all in one place.

#3. A Macbook Pro Laptop- After months of household fights over the computer and a recent increase in real estate work, I feel that this gift is needed in my life. I don't have the money to buy one myself, or I would have already! My sis-in-law has a Macbook Pro with a 15 in. screen. I love it....it's easy to use and the keyboard is a normal size. Check it out here.

#4. A Space of My Own- Sound funny? Well, it shouldn't...if you have ever met my children or been in my house. I would love to have my very own little corner with an actual desk that isn't covered with kid stuff. I could make it my pretty little area to unwind and tap into my creativity. A Macbook Pro would fit lovely on the desk. I would also need girly office supplies because, well, I just love office supplies. I am a former teacher, you know!

#5. A vintage typewriter- I would love to have a vintage typewriter in bubblegum pink or robins' egg blue. I would put it on my lovely desk next to my sleek new laptop. I would use it to type thank you letters to everyone who bought me a gift off this list.

I could probably continue this list, but I'll stop at 5 things.
Please, please, please leave a comment and follow my blog! Tell me one of your fantasy gift ideas! What do you wish for?

3 comments:

Niki said...

I love your list :) I, too, would love a Kindle!!! I love to read and have a closet shelf FULL of books. What do you do with them when you're done??? I pass them along to friends, but they get returned so that isn't really clearing out the collection :) AND....I asked for a laptop for Christmas too!!! PINK of course....I like the Sony one...I forget what it's called, but I know it comes in pink and is pretty lightweight! Maybe you should tag ppl and tell them to list their 5 and tag others? Might give you ideas for more fantasy gifts too :)

Lindsay said...

I love the tagging idea Niki! I also love the idea of a pink laptop! I didn't research any other kinds, but maybe I should!

SarahSLP said...

I've been dreaming of a Kindle for such a long time too. I dropped plenty of hints last year for Christmas and have already started again. I even break my rule (I don't like to give money as a gift...unless it's a young couple for their wedding and have no money)and have begged all gift givers to go in on the Kindle together (my mom, sister, hubby, and mom-in-law). Oh well...I keep hoping my sister will upgrade to the Kindle 2 and she'll give me her original version...I'm not picky!