Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Thoughts

Holly Golightly: Listen...you know those days when you get the mean reds?


Paul Varjack: You mean the blues?

Holly Golightly: No...the blues are because you're getting fat or because it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid and you don't know what you're afraid of. Do you ever get that feeling?

Paul Varjack: Sure

Holly Golightly: When I get it the only thing that does any good is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. If I could find a real life place to make me feel like Tiffany's, then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name.

**********************************************************************************

Today, I got the mean reds. So here's to happy thoughts, like Tiffany's, and here are some of mine (in no particular order).

Audrey Hepburn, my blog, moonbeams, fairy dust, Santa Claus, Pollyana, Barbies, Anne of Green Gables, Edward and Bella, Lindsay and Matthew, Avery and Piper, Rosemary and Olive Oil Triscuits, Cinnamon Vanilla creamer, South Pacific, Alexis, Facebook, Lisa, Grease 1 and 2, dancing, leaping, hanging upside down, bookstores, tutus, giraffes, these amazing rolls, my blankie, crunchy leaves, empanadas, bubble baths, ribbons, paint, angel wings, mermaids, Singing in the Rain, raindrops, dewdrops, Diet Dr. Pepper

And the crazy thing is that no matter how bad the mean reds get, there are always more happy thoughts waiting to be had. The list could be much, much longer.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hoping today is full of yellow sunshine! Your friends and family love and support you!

Unknown said...

The pictures of Audrey Hepburn and Avery next to each other is WAY too coincidental. If you put Avery's hair up in a bun, they'd look like sisters....

Alexis said...

I love that you used this reference. This is my favorite movie. I have a vintage movie poster hanging in my living room. I hope you are over your mean reds. I have a mean red. She lives in Colorado. LOL! I made a funny!