Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bon Voyage: A Preview

I leave for Arizona in a matter of hours. Have I done my laundry? Noooooo. Have I packed a single thing? Noooooo. I like the pressure of a deadline so I can sweat it whether or not I will be ready in time. That time would be maybe....noon? I have to be at the airport at 4:00. So instead of doing laundry, cleaning, or packing, I find myself here blogging.


My mom has a lot planned for the short time I will be visiting the land where people wear winter coats when it is 70 degrees. She wants me to try sushi for the first time. It will actually be the second time. I tried sushi for the first time years ago with my dad at Wild Oats in New Mexico. I tried a vegetarian piece and thought it was terrible. I am hoping *fingers crossed* that my taste buds have matured since then. If not, my mom assured me that the restaurant sells hamburgers for uncool Hoosier girls like me.

My mom got a gift certificate to the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Spa. The picture below is actually from their website. We will be getting some pedicures and facials.

I will meet the alpaca that lives with my mom. Wow, I never thought I would utter those words. It isn't really HER alpaca. Long story.I'm not sure what the entire trip will entail, but here is what I do know:
  • When I get bored in the airport, I won't be able to resist the urge to play on the people movers because I can't resist pretending that I have super human walking speed.
  • During my flight, I will obsessively write to-do lists for when I get home. I always do this, but I never remember to ever get them back out again.
  • My cousin wants me to ask if they serve Malibu and Pedialite in First Class. Yet another long story.
  • I will not follow any kind of diet on this trip. My mom lives on carbs and coffee. When in Rome......
  • I WILL NOT miss Radio Disney, Handy Manny, Imagination Movers, or Wizards of Waverly Place.
  • I WILL miss Matthew, Avery, and Piper so much my heart will feel like it is being squeezed out.
  • I will make my bed everyday at my mom's. When I am a houseguest I always do this. At home, I NEVER do this.
  • Despite many cool things to do, my mom and I will probably have the most fun going to Target.

Please pray that I do not make a fool of myself in the airport today....

Bon Voyage!

(Disclaimer- that is me in the above picture. That is NOT the Eiffel Tower. It is a cactus.)

3 comments:

Beth Terry Hill said...

You stink! It's suppose to snow here again tomorrow. Wish Matthew didn't have to work Saturday. He & the girls could come visit me with Mom! Miss you guys ! Have a blast!

Mom said...

I am so excited I cant breathe...wait I have a cold. I cant' breathe but I'm still excited! So much to do so little time. :)

Stephanie Stewart said...

How exciting!!! Please tell your Mom that I hope she has a fabulous birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Enjoy your trip, can't wait to hear about it! Will you please pet the llama for me? Pretty please!