Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nine: A Movie Review

I just stayed up late to watch "Nine." I am glad I didn't see it in the theatre. The movie was disappointing on some levels. However, the cast was to die for. The Italian accents, beautiful costumes, hair, and makeup totally made up for the lackluster plot. The movie is about a self loathing filmmaker who is lost in his craft. That is about it. I think Rob Marshall tried to go deeper with it, but it kind of fell short. I must say though.....the women in the movie were amazing for the most part. Yes, I could have done without Fergie and even Kate Hudson......but watching Sophia Loren made it all worthwhile. Nicole Kidman was gorgeous as ever......her skin! Penelope Cruz was absolutely breathtaking.

I officially have a new favorite actress....Marion Cotillard. She was my favorite one in the whole movie. I hope to see her in a lot more movies. She was so beautiful!
But it should be no surprise that Sophia Loren is stunning. I told my husband that I would love to spend just one afternoon with her. He agreed and said he would take her to Olive Garden. Hahaha. Funny guy. She is just unbelievable. I am now determined to watch any old movie of Sophia Loren's that I can get my hands on.
So in a nutshell, if you don't mind a bad plot, watch "Nine" just to see the beautiful actresses and their makeup and costumes. Daniel Day Lewis was incredible as well. I am sad that this movie didn't really win me over on the plot or even the music.
It has been awhile since I have written anything about the lovely little girlies at my house. No worries, though! I have been saving up stories for you. Stay tuned! I have many Avery and Piper stories to share!!!

1 comments:

Amber* said...

i'm sorry to hear you didn't like nine* i could have been better, but i did enjoy it*