Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm Baaaaaack....With Glee!!!

Okay, so I took a little blogcation. But....I....am....back!!! During my little blogcation, I was finishing up the school year, tying up loose ends, and living life. I am so glad to be back though. Summer is here! It will be a busy summer, but that is okay. I love the laid back feeling of summer. It really re-energizes me for my next class at school. Guess what else energizes me?

GLEE!!!

My good friend and coworker, Lori, invited me to go to the Glee Live concert with her. We had an absolute blast and it exceeded all expectations. All of the McKinley High students were there: Finn, Rachel, Quinn, Puck, Mercedes, Artie, Brittany, Santana, Mike, Asian girl that I can't remember her name, Kurt, and even Blaine and the Warblers.

Well, helloooo Finn. (Yes, we were that close to the stage)

Did I mention my friend Lori thinks that she is a superstar? Once in high school, where she went to school with about 40 people tops, the lead in the school musical broke her arm on the day of the big show. Lori got a phone call from her teacher asking her to take over the lead because she was the only one who knew all the songs, even though she was just an extra. Lori accepted this challenge and sang her butt off and just winged it on the lines. Seriously!?!? Maybe she is kind of a superstar...

Did I mention she also thinks she is a Cheerio?

Okay, well, I might be a little bit of a diva too. That's why we get along.

Well, helloooo Blaine. Why yes, you may "warble" away for us. You just warble your little butt off!

I think this was the opening act (I never said these pictures were in order). This would be about the time we totally lost our cool because we were so starstruck that the entire cast was there.

At the end, it appeared that the cast was going to "slushy" the audience. The trick was on us. The slushies exploded into confetti. Who doesn't love confetti? We found another skill that we didn't know we had....catching confetti down our shirts without even trying. We really are superstars.

Ummm, who doesn't love some pyrotechnics?!?

We are awesome. Glee is awesome. Being a teacher in the summer is awesome.

We loved when the cast sang "Born this Way" by Lady Gaga. As we were cruising through downtown, I have to tell you that Lori rolled down her window and told a security guard/police officer to "Put your paws up, baby." He put his paws up like a true Gaga Little Monster.

Can you tell that it was a FANTASTIC way to kick off summer?!?!

Paws up, baby!

1 comments:

Liz said...

This is hillarious, Lindsay! I can only imagine the kind of fun you two had... :)